Open Date: 03/11/2020
Location: Lebanon, Oregon
Status: Full Time
Seeking an experienced Collector to assist the credit union in collecting past due consumer loans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make daily outgoing collection phone calls to members 10 days delinquent and greater. Phone calls and letters are to be made and mailed out daily. This includes consumer loans, VISA credit cards, VISA HELOC loans and negative share accounts.
- Maintain detailed written record of all communications made regarding delinquencies.
- Review negative accounts and assist with collections of negative shares. Work with other staff members to determine action to be taken with negative shares. Send out any correspondence needed. Post G/L entries needed in this area.
- Prepare information to be sent to outside collection agencies.
- Maintain working knowledge of activities in collection department to assist members and staff.
- Cross-sell credit union services when appropriate.
- Perform skip tracing activity to locate collateral and delinquent members.
- Develop a working knowledge of the credit union’s data processing system.
- Develop an understanding of credit union organization, bylaws, operational procedures, policies and collection rules and regulations, including the Oregon Unlawful Collection Practices Legislation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to deal with angry people, in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to work on multiple items at a time.
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills
- Must be able to abide by strict confidentiality policy.
- Dependable and punctual attendance.
- Strong organizational skills with documents and filing.
- Interest in the welfare of people.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- 1+ years prior Collection experience
Desired Degree: High school diploma or GED
At Linn-Co we offer a generous benefits package including: Medical, dental and vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts, Life and AD&D insurance, 401(k), incentive bonuses, and Paid Time Off.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email, fax or mail their resume to:
Mail: PO Box 265, Lebanon, OR 97355
Linn Co Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.